League Uniform Policies ( Effective 2/12/2018)
- All players on each team must wear matching uniforms; that is, jerseys, shorts, and socks must be the same color as the other members of their team.
- Each player’s jersey must have a permanently affixed number on the back (including alternate jerseys) which shall be the same number as on the team roster, except the goalie, whose jersey shall be distinct from both teams and the referee. A number is not required on the goalkeeper’s jersey.
- Home team (first team listed on the schedule) shall wear white or light, or must change jerseys if the referee deems there to be a color conflict.
- The white or light uniform shall include white or light socks.
- Visiting teams shall not wear white jerseys or socks unless the home team agrees to wear a color other than white.
- The referee must be notified if the home team is not in white or light.
- All teams are required to have alternate (not white) jerseys with the proper numbers for each player.
- Player’s long leg or sleeve undergarments should match the respective main color of the shorts or jersey. If a matching color is not attainable, the color should follow the light or dark for home or away respectively. All players on the team wearing undergarments must have the same color.
- All players are required to wear shin guards that must be covered by the player’s socks.
- Jewelry of any kind is not allowed (this includes any and all earrings, bracelets, or necklaces). Tape or other protective covering of jewelry does not alter this policy.
- All alleged uniform violations must be reported to the referee during the match so that the issue may be dealt with in a timely manner. The only exception would be for a roster violation (playing with the wrong number, not listed on the roster, or other identification/identity issue) which may be reported at the end of the match and must be reported on the game card.
- Uniform Color – Any player without the proper uniform as described above, shall not be allowed to participate in the match until the improper uniform is corrected.
- Jewelry – Any player wearing jewelry shall not be allowed to participate in the match until the item(s) are removed.
- Player Safety – All issues of player safety are the discretion of the center referee. This includes casts or any other supportive gear. Any player deemed to have unsafe equipment or gear shall not be allowed to participate in the match until the issue is resolved to the satisfaction of the center referee.
- Identity/Identification – Any player that does not have the proper identification, player card with photograph, or number matching the identity on the roster, shall be deemed ineligible for the match. Should such a player take part in the match, the team shall forfeit said match and additional sanctions per the rules may be levied.