Click Here for information and to Register.
Deadline is: July 8th, 2015 at 5pm.
The lakes are full and so are the fields...Toyota of Lewisville Railroad Soccer Complex under water. 5/30/2015
Below is the Preliminary Bye and Division List. Please download to view.
Thank you for your patience as we worked through this tedious but necessary task.
The 2015/16 Playing Format Addendum has been released. Please CLICK HERE to view and familiarize yourself with the 2015/2016 playing format as well as Fees, and Promotion/Relegation. This addendum is only valid for the 2015/2016 playing year.
To Our LHGCL Families,
As each of you know, the enormous amount of Rain has wreaked havoc on our attempts to complete our 2014/2015 season. Games have been rescheduled and cancelled numerous times and are still yet to be played. Our playing venues have taken an enormous hit, some under feet of water. The fields will recover, but we will be well into June before that happens.
The life cycle of a competitive playing year is also coming to a rapid close. June 1st means open tryouts and a crucial time for our teams to regroup and reset for the upcoming playing year. Teams need to know where they stand for the fall so expectations can be set for returning and incoming players. Our families are important and we respect that vacations have been planned, camps have been paid for etc. For LHGCL it's a time when we are full speed into preparing for the next playing year as well as planning and preparing for the upcoming Qualifying Tournament which is only seven weeks away.
With the above said, the difficult decision was made to end the 2014/2015 playing year as of today, May 31st, 2015. This was not a decision that came easily - we have wrestled several weeks with the issues and consequences of ending the season without playing all games. It is a decision that, unfortunately, we have been forced to make due to the record breaking rain we have all experienced.
For the fall 2015/2016 the following will apply:
• Incoming U11s are not effected. The same super group structure will still apply.
• Incoming U12s will still be a three division format.
◦ Promotion, Relegation and Elimination was calculated by examining mathematical opportunity to achieve promotion or escape relegation.
• Returning and incoming U13s through U17 will shift into two larger divisions, Division I and DIvision II. (The size of the divisions will vary based on age group)
◦ We achieved this split by applying the following:
▪ In Division II, if a team had a mathematical opportunity to gain promotion under our current bye rules they were promoted.
▪ In Division III, if a team was mathematically eliminated under our current bye rules, they were eliminated and must re-qualify in our summer qualifying tournament.
▪ The size of the divisions does vary by age group.
◦ Each team will play each other once over the course of the year.
• Returning U19s will also remain in a 3 division format.
◦ All current Div I, II and III U17 teams have earned a bye back into the league. (Bye rules still apply) Teams will be seeded into three divisions. Promotion was determined using the same logic. If a team had a mathematical opportunity to gain promotion, they were promoted.
How do I know what Division my team will be in?
Division assignments will be posted in the next 24 hours on our website and are subject to change if a team does not meet their bye requirements or disbands.
Do all bye requirements still apply?
1. Yes, teams must meet the requirements to maintain their newly posted bye. We will have a bye application online shortly with instructions on how to apply for your bye. If you have questions on bye eligibility based on this new format please contact your commissioner.
I mathematically earned promotion, why are the three teams under me being promoted as well?
1. They could have mathematically earned promotion as well.
2. The new divisions in U13 - U17 were designed for each team to play each other once throughout the playing year. This meant adding 1-2 teams to achieve that goal.
My team is incoming U12 team, why are we still in three divisions for the upcoming year?
Current U11s were already in two divisions, maintaining two divisions was not mathematically possible and would have made an unfair split for some teams. It is never our intention to penalize a team that could have potentially earned a promotion spot.
My team is an incoming U19 team, why are we still in three divisions and how did you promote and relegate?
1. Every current U17 team including ALL division 3 teams have a bye back into the league. There will be no elimination in Division 3. (Bye rules do still apply) As with the other divisions, we did not relegate in Division 1 or 2. We only promoted where it was mathematically possible for a team to earn promotion.
2. Three divisions were maintained due to our newly passed U19 rule set. U19s will play their entire season in the Fall. The only way to achieve that is limit the size of the divisions so each team can play all their games in the fall.
Will the Club Player Pass Rule change?
1. We are reviewing the rule and how it will apply to the new format. I would discourage building a team under the assumption that the club pass rule will remain the same. We will announce any changes to the rule prior to the fall season.
Will there still be a 2015 Qualifying Tournament?
Yes! All remaining spots in Division II will be filled at the 2015 Qualifying Tournament. Tournament Registration will open soon.
What will next year's promotion and relegation look like?
We can tell you there will be a promotion and relegation system. We are working diligently to finalize that plan and will have it posted soon.
If you have specific questions regarding this, please contact your age group commissioner.
We want to thank each of you for continuing to support Lake Highlands Girls Classic League during this challenging season. This next year will be transitional but we felt that this plan was the cleanest and fairest way to put an end to this season.
Lake Highlands Girls Classic League
Congratulations to the following Lake Highlands Girls Classic League Players who each earned one of five college scholarships.
Andromeda FC 97G
Amarillo Lightning 97G
Fort Worth FC 97G Red
Fort Worth FC 97G White
Andromeda FC 97G West Red
Each of the awardees were chosen from a large group of applicants where many factors were considered such as Academic Performance, Essay, Community Involvement and more. The final awards were determined March 31st, 2015 where each of the finalists met with our prestigious scholarship panel consisting of:
Sue Bailey, a graduate of Arizona State University and Kansas State University's College of Architecture. Ms. Bailey is the current Director of Program Development for "Just Say YES" - Youth Equipped to Succeed (JSY) and the STARS program (Students Teaching About Relationships in School).
Ed Bardwell, a graduate of Baylor University and CEO/Founder of Nimble Worldwide an integrated marketing and advertising agency. Mr. Bardwell also serves as a community leader with the American Advertising Federation, the Boys Scouts of America and the AAFutures Mentor Program.
Laura Richards Sherry, a graduate of both Texas Tech School of Law, J.D. and Louisiana Tech University. Ms. Sherry is currently a Partner at the Harris Firm P.C. and a licensed Professional Engineer.
Our Scholarship Chair, Peter Roe would like to extend a special thank you to our prestigious scholarship panel and committee for spending many volunteer hours to select our recipients.
Well done ladies!
Bye Fees of $625 must be RECEIVED by this date. Failure to submit fees could cause your team to lose their Bye.
You Must Bring a Printed Copy of Your Roster